Stay up to date with our newsletter
The Spectator gets printed every other week; please submit articles by Mondays prior to the next issue. Residents may receive a bi-weekly copy of The Spectator and a weekly copy of the Dining Room menus via email. If you wish to receive these documents via email, please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may add or remove your name at any time.
Wednesday, July 11 - Visual Arts Committee - 11:00am - Painting Studio
Wednesday, July 11 - Dining Services Committee - 1:30pm - Dining Alcove
Wednesday, July 11 - Bliss Expansion Meeting - 2:30pm - Auditorium
Thursday, July 12 - Operations Committee - 9:30am - Education Center
Friday, July 13 - MC Resident & Family Council - 10:45am - MC Activity Room
Friday, July 13 - Medical Committee - 2:00pm - Education Center
Tuesday, July 24 - Finance Committee - 9:30am - Education Center
Wednesday, July 25 - Bliss Expansion Meeting - 2:30pm - Auditorium
Friday, July 27 - Residents' Council - 9:30am - Education Center
Friday, July 27 - Residents' Association - 11:00am - Auditorium
Please Note: All residents are invited to attend any Residents’ Council or Residents’ Committee meeting. Your involvement makes us a stronger community!
FROM THE CASA CLINIC
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 3:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Closed for lunch 11:30 am to 12:00 noon
- The Clinic Phone Extension is x8060
Clinic Physician Schedule:
- William Koonce, M.D. - Tuesday & Friday 2:00 - 5:00pm / 1st & 3rd Monday of the month 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Todd Fearer, M.D. - Wednesday 2:00 - 5:00 pm & Friday 10:00am - 12:00pm
- John Dexter, M.D. - Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Joseph Pineda, M.D. - Last Thursday of the month 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- L. Mae Chandler, D.P.M. - 2nd Thursday of the month 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
ART SHOW AT PERSONAL CARE
A fun new art show is being planned for the Personal Care in August! The theme for the show is RED. Do you have some art that you would like to share that has a predominant theme of RED? Or perhaps you would like to create something just for the show? If you are interested, please call Melissa at # 8087. Deadline for submission is July 27. Thank you for your interest!
ATTENTION ALL CASA RESIDENTS! LOOK FOR THE CASA SCHOLARSHIP FUND THERMOMETER POSTERS IN THE DINING ROOM LOBBY AND MAIL ROOM. WATCH THEM PUSH PAST THE BOILING POINT AGAIN!
It’s time to make our Casa Scholarship Fund “thermometer” burst through its top again. Thirty scholarships were awarded to our staff and children of staff at our heart-warming ceremony on June 11. A video of that ceremony, filmed by our own Bob Yamin, is showing on Casa’s channel 1960, Monday through Friday, July 9 though July 13, at 11:00 am and 4:30 pm each day.
Now we need to replenish our fund to cover next years’ awardees! Our goal is to raise over $75,000, provided by at least 140 individual gifts. Gifts of all sizes are gratefully received - first by our Casa Scholarship Committee and later by our annual scholarship awardees. Your donor letter, with all the necessary information on how to make a donation, was in your box at reception last week. Your support of this so-worthy cause is important and rewarding - to both the recipient and the donor. So make sure you are one of the 140+ residents we hope will contribute this year! ~ Your Casa Scholarship Committee
CASA TRAVEL CLUB TOURS
- CATALINA ISLAND TOUR: OCT. 7-10, 2018
- Our fun-filled three-night tour of Catalina Island is set and ready for you to confirm your reservation today! This tour will include: Three-nights at the Pavilion Hotel on Catalina’s waterfront, Catalina Island Museum Tour, half-day Island Expedition (Tour), Behind the Scenes of the Avalon Casino Tour, three suppers with our group at the Avalon Grill, Steve’s Restaurant and the Catalina Country Club , RT transportation to Long Beach, and RT transportation on the Catalina Express. You will have free time each day to explore on your own or take an optional tour. If you are interested in this tour, and are ready to sign up. The cost for a single is $1,732.00, and the cost to share is $1,297.00. Please call Melissa at #8087.
- JAZZDAGEN MEXICAN RIVIERA CRUISE:
DEC. 30, 2018 - JAN. 6, 2019
- Celebrate the New Year with fellow Casa Dorinda neighbors with Casa’s Travel Club and Jazzdagen Tours in the Mexican Riviera. We’ll sail from San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, an artistic village with cobbled streets, chic shopping and busy open markets. Visit Mazatlan, a cosmopolitan beach city with lots of history and culture. Then we’ll make our way to Cabo San Lucas, with its beautiful beaches and warm desert climate along the coast of Baja California. In each port many of your fellow travelers will be signing up to on-shore excursions. High Sierra Jazz Band, Tom Hook Quartet, Tom Rigney & Flambeau, and the Dave Bennett Quartet will entertain you all the way. Bring your own instrument and join the Morning Jam Sessions! Dance your way into the New Year with our dance host Bruce Fischer. Many of you have the information necessary to book TODAY! If you are just reading this for the first time and would like further information, including on-shore excursions, please call Melissa at @8087, as bookings are filling quickly!