Stay up to date with our newsletter
Articles must be submitted each Monday by noon. For information, please contact Activities. Residents may receive a weekly copy of The Spectator on their electronic devices via email. If you prefer to receive your copy this way, please email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may add or remove your name from this service at any time.
Friday, June 23 - Residents' Council - 9:30 am - Education Center
Friday, June 23 - Residents' Association Meeting - 11:00 am - Auditorium
All residents are invited to attend any Resident Council or Resident Committee meeting. Your involvement makes us a stronger community.
FROM THE CASA CLINIC
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 3:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Closed for lunch 11:30 am to 12:00 noon
- The Clinic Phone Extension is x8060
Clinic Physician Schedule:
- William Koonce, M.D. - Tuesday & Friday 2:00 - 5:00pm / 1st & 3rd Monday of the month 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Todd Fearer, M.D. - Wednesday 2:00 - 5:00 pm & Friday 10:00am - 12:00pm
- John Dexter, M.D. - Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Joseph Pineda, M.D. - Last Thursday of the month 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- L. Mae Chandler, D.P.M. - 2nd Thursday of the month 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
NELSON HOWARD RESIDENT SERIES
FALL PROGRAM PLANNING
We are going to have a program on November 10, of patriotic reference, to honor members of the greatest generation, World War II veterans. We did this program once before in November of 2013. If you have moved into Casa since 2013, and you are a WWII veteran, please give me a call so I may add your name and service to our list of honorees.
TUESDAY'S LUNCH IN THE DINING ROOM
Due to the Bliss Expansion meeting in the Dining Room, Lunch Service will be from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on Tuesday June 27. In order to set up the room for the meeting, we kindly ask that all residents are out of the Dining Room no later than 1:15 pm.
THE VISUAL ARTS COMMITTEE
Would like to acknowledge the staff for the wonderful job they did in helping to produce the June 14 Café des Artistes. Melissa Gill Hausz and Heidi Artman, for their organizational skills; Scott Schonzeit and Michael Noyes, for the “over the top” delicious Greek hors d’oeuvres; Marino and Mariana for the set-up and clean-up; John Yamasaki, for the plants at the entrance; Domenic Ceaser and his team, for setting up all the tables and chairs – everyone working together to create an amazing Café.
Thank you all!
TUESDAY NIGHT SOCIAL CLUB
Come and join your neighbors in the Casa Courtyard for drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and conversation. Bring your own preferred beverage; however, mixers and soft drinks are provided. Come, be social and have a drink with friends, just like the old days. We start at 5:00 pm; continuing until dinner time. Everyone is invited, so see you on Tuesdays!
NEW TECH CLASSES WITH DORY TURK ON WEDNESDAYS IN THE CRAFT STUDIO
If you have any questions please call Melissa at #8087. The Kindle classes are $45 for three sessions; all other classes are $60 for four sessions, to be billed. The following sign-up sheets are in the Mail Room:
- iPhone Basics: Wednesdays, July 5, 12, 19 & 26
9:00 - 10:15 am. Get comfortable with your iPhone; learn about the features, ports and different buttons, using the keyboard and keyboard features; demystify settings; learn about the App Store and Apps, and so much more.
- iPhone Photos 2: Wednesdays, July 5, 12, 19 & 26
10:30 - 11:45 am. We will review the camera and all its great capabilities. Then, we will go into more detail with photos and even use a few Apps to recreate the photos you have taken. This class is designed for those who have taken iPhone Photos 1 class. You will be amazed at what you can do with your photos!
- Email on the iPad: Wednesdays, August 2, 9, 23 & 30
9:00 - 10:15 am. Learn more of what you can do when emailing on your iPad. We will go over every icon and learn how to customize your emails through settings; how to add photos and attachments to your emails. This is a Basic Email class, but there is always something to learn about email.
- Kindle - Using your Kindle Device: Wednesdays, September 6, 13 & 20 - 9:00 - 10:15 am. This class is for Kindle-only devices. Get to know your Kindle and all it can do. We will go over all the basics of the Kindle device, what all the icons mean, how to navigate. We will download books, and learn how to utilize the amazing library website to download free books, magazines and audiobooks.
- Kindle App on iPad: Wednesdays, September 6, 13 & 20 - 10:30 - 11:45 am. Don’t have a Kindle device? No Problem! Learn how incredible the Kindle App on your iPad really is. This class is for iPads only, and for those who want to download the Kindle App on their iPad (or already have), and we will go over all the basics. What all the icons mean, how to navigate and customize your Kindle on the iPad. We will go to the library website, and learn how to download free books, magazines and audiobooks.